Health Fund Rebates
Does Your Health Fund Offer a Rebate?
Each health fund has different rules and different levels of coverage, so to determine whether or not you will receive a rebate from your health fund for the services you access from Transformational Therapy, the best thing to do is to ring your find and speak to them direct.
What you will need to ask them is;
- Do I get a rebate for counselling?
- Do I get a rebate for hypnotherapy?
Some health funds will only give a rebate for hypnotherapy if it is done by a GP (yes I know its pretty ridiculous) so be sure to make clear to them that it is hypnotherapy provided by a Clinical Hypnotherapist.
Rebates for hypnotherapy services are normally available from the following health funds;
- Australian Health Management (AHM)
- Australian Unity
- CBHS Health Fund
- Grand United Health
- HBF (WA)
- Health Care Insurance Limited
- Health Partners
- Medibank Private
- Navy Health Fund
- NRMA Health Insurances
- Phoenix Health Fund
- Queensland Country Health
- Railway & Transport Health
- Reserve Bank Health Society
- SGIC Health Insurance
- SGIO Health Insurance
- Teachers Federation Health
- Trade Union Health (TUH)
I am a registered member of the Australian Counselling Association (ACA) which is the peak counselling body in Australia. The ACA currently has arrangements with some of the more progressive health funds and as a result you may be able to obtain a rebate for services if your private health fund is one of these;
- Doctors Health Fund
- Medibank Private - You will be able to get a rebate if you are a member of Medibank Private and have the old bonus package. If you are a newer member, you may not be able to access a rebate as they've made a change to their package and no longer list Counselling as an ancillary service.
- Police Health Fund
How to Get Your Rebate
Rebates are obtained from your health fund, so you will need to pay for the counselling or hypnotherapy services first, and then provide your health fund with a receipt for payment and any forms they require.